Wednesday 3 February 2016

Golden Child



After seeing everyone and their mother blog/Instagram about Baba Sus, I caved and decided to make my way there for brunch one Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately (but not surprisingly) we were told that the wait would be about half an hour. My stomach and I couldn't survive this torturous wait, so we decided to go down the road to another busy, but not so busy cafe called Golden Child.



As I looked through the menu, I was spoiled for choice and took about fifteen minutes to decide what to eat. I was drawn towards the waffles, but in the end I ordered the squid salad.

Squid Salad ($19)
The squid was cooked nicely and had an unexpected, but pleasant hint of chilli. The combination of wakame, spinach and snow peas worked well together. The dressing was also nice but I could have used a little less of it (but that's just my personal preference).

Smoked Salmon Parcel ($20)
My friend also had a hard time deciding what to eat, but eventually chose the smoked salmon parcel. This dish was also nice and the salmon tasted quite fresh.

Hazelnut and Flake Milkshake ($6)
I couldn't go without getting a milkshake, so I ordered the hazelnut and flake one. The hazelnut pieces gave the milkshake a nice texture, setting it aside from the other mason jar served beverages in the food scene. I also can't complain about being able to eat the nutella smothered around the rim of the jar.

All in all, I guess it was sort of a blessing in disguise that the wait for Baba Sus was so long. If it wasn't I wouldn't have visited this gem.

Ratings:
Food - 8.5/10
Service - 7.5/10
Price - 8.5/10

Golden Child
1-3 Bardolph Street
Glen Iris, 3146

 Golden Child Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment