Wednesday 17 February 2016

Chin Chin


After eyeing this place for countless years, I finally had a chance to visit for myself and see what all the hype was about. My friends and I arrived just before the dinner rush and were easily able to find a seat. By the time we had finished, a line had formed outside the restaurant which was not unfamiliar for Chin Chin.


We spent some time catching up on the goss before realising that we should probably decide what to eat, because you know, we were at a restaurant and the menu was right in front of us.

Crispy Barramundi & Green Apple Salad with Caramelised Pork, Peanuts & Chilli ($28.50) 
I ordered the Crispy Barramundi & Green Apple Salad with Caramelised Pork, Peanuts & Chilli. The salad component was refreshing with the perfect amount of chilli, which contrasted the rich sweetness of the caramelised pork. However, I personally felt as though it would have gone well with rice, so I ordered some shortly afterwards.

Jungle Spiced Chicken & Pork Spring Rolls with Soy, Black Vinegar, Chilli & Peanuts ($16.50) 
My friend who ate before meeting up with us (rude) was not feeling that hungry, so she went with the Jungle Spiced Chicken & Pork Spring Rolls. I didn't get a chance to sample them but according to her, they were good, standard spring rolls.

My other friend ordered the Pad Thai Noodles with Chopped Prawns, Peanuts, Dried Shrimp and Bean Sprouts ($24). This dish was also good, but nothing spectacular. I also forgot to take a closer photo of it, so refer to the top photo.

Maybe it was the hype that ruined it, but my friends and I were a little disappointed with Chin Chin. While the ambience was great and the food was good, I guess we were expecting something a little more after witnessing the endless lines.

Ratings:
Food: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7/10

Chin Chin
125 Flinders Lane
Melbourne, 3000


Chin Chin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. This was really informative and interesting to read. Those who love foods must remember one thing that having tasty food is good but it must not compromise with your health.
    Regards:
    Organic Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete