Tuesday 29 March 2016

Journeyman

I'm not sure why, but somehow I justify travelling and sitting in traffic for a ridiculous amount of time just to have brunch at a certain place because "the ratings on Zomato are good". Journeyman was one of those places, and on top of the silly travel time we waited around half an hour for a table as a line had already formed outside when we arrived. 
The food took quite a while to come out and I was starting to experience hungry-angry symptoms. However, the lady informed us that the kitchen was taking longer than usual because there had been a recent change in staff. 
Chilli Scrambled Eggs ($18) & Extra Mushrooms ($4)
When we finally got inside, I ordered the chilli scrambled eggs with some extra mushrooms to satisfy my current mushroom craving. The scrambled eggs were delicious and had the perfect amount of chilli for my liking. 

Journeyman Eggs Benedict ($19)
My friend ordered the journeyman eggs benedict which was slightly different than your usual eggs benedict. The cider vinegar hollandaise was excellent, probably the best hollandaise sauces I've had. The dish was also topped with shredded green apple which added a nice freshness, balancing out the richness of the sauce. The only issue was that the eggs were overcooked, and not the runny, poached eggs that we expected.

I can see why Journeyman is talked about so positively online despite the few faults. After brunch, we walked around the corner to Scroll Ice Cream because we couldn't really pass up that opportunity since we were in the area and all. 

Sorry for my blogging absence, I've been so busy studying/working/eating myself into a food coma that I haven't had as much time to update. 

Ratings:
Food: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8.5/10

Journeyman
169 Chapel Street
Windsor, 3181

Journeyman Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment