Wednesday 27 January 2016

Sushi Burger


I was making my way back home after a pleasant lunch at Grand Trailer Park Taverna when I accidentally went the wrong way (typical me) and stumbled across Sushi Burger. After overcoming my surprise and confusion, I made a mental note to come back here one day and try it out.

From the outside of the store, I didn't have high hopes. I thought it would be some gimmick which was mediocre in taste, but I was definitely proven wrong.

Green Tea Milkshake
My friend ordered a green tea milkshake to begin with, which was much better than a majority of green tea flavoured drinks that we've tried in our time. It wasn't overly bitter and had a perfect amount of sweetness and tea flavour.

Pork Gyoza
As for food, my friend settled for a gyoza and sushi burger combo which came to a total of $12.50. The gyozas were nice and were accompanied by a slice of orange which I stole for myself (sorry).

Chicken Katsu Sushi Burger ($6 without a combo)
As for sushi burger, my friend decided on the limited edition chicken katsu sushi burger. The chicken was nice and crispy and was perfectly accompanied by the sauce, rice and lettuce. It was also much more filling than it appeared to be.

Spicy Raw Salmon Sushi Burger ($7)
I ordered the spicy raw salmon burger which was absolutely delightful. There was a generous amount of salmon in the burger. The amount of sauce also wasn't too overpowering, which meant I was able to enjoy all components of the burger.

Green Tea Daifuku with Green Tea Ice Cream ($6)
Being the massive sweet tooth I am I couldn't pass up dessert, so I went with the green tea daifuku with green tea ice cream. The daifuku was nice and soft, again not too overpowering with the green tea flavour. In hindsight, I probably should have chosen a different flavoured ice cream to go with it, however it was still enjoyable.

I'd say sushi burgers are just giant sushi rolls, but they're definitely worth a try. Next time you're looking to satisfy your sushi cravings this would be a nice place to visit. Furthermore, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Ratings:
Food - 9/10
Service - 8.5/10
Price - 8/10

Sushi Burger
167 Exhibition Street
Melbourne, 3000

Sushi Burger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment