Tuesday 14 June 2016

Kitty Burns

A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of visiting Kitty Burns for the first brunch of my birthday weekend. It was freezing and pouring rain, but that didn't stop me. I mean, nothing stops me from getting food.


Like many popular brunch spots on a Saturday morning, the cafe was buzzing when we arrived at just before midday. Luckily, we didn't have to wait outside under the outdoor heaters for too long as people began to make their way out shortly after we arrived.

"High on Acai" Smoothie ($12.00)
I bit the bullet and tried their Acai smoothie because #hype #trendy #healthy. All jokes aside, I really enjoyed it and wouldn't have been able to tell that it was a 'healthy' smoothie if you didn't tell me. Also, bonus points for the fantastic presentation.

Omelette "Arnold Bennett" ($23.00)
I was in the mood for some eggs this morning so I ordered the Omelette "Arnold Bennett" which came with slow poached rockling, aerated hollandaise, parmesan, toast and a generous serve of clove and bay bechamel. The eggs were really fluffy and I'm definitely not complaining about the amount of bechamel on my plate.

"Meet Mr Burns'" ($22.50)
My friend opted for the "Meet Mr Burns'", a dried cured bacon slab accompanied by spiced bon bons, bacon jam, clonakilty black pudding, 63/63 poached eggs, mushroom, spinach, my gentleman's relish and two slices of toast. The bacon slab was a great alternative to the usual, thin cut bacon, and was so tender and flavoursome. My friend said they enjoyed the dish overall as well.

Bistro Morgan Donuts ($5.50 each)
Of course, I couldn't leave without dessert. Especially since they had an abundance of Bistro Morgan's donuts that I have been dying to try. For those of you who don't know (I'm pretty sure everyone with an Instagram does by now), Bistro Morgan was founded by a 14 year old and hand make their donuts from scratch. Pretty incredible, considering I can barely get to university on time.

Nutella/Toblerone Donut ($5.50)
My friend and I shared this donut and it definitely lives up to it's appearances. The outside was crisp and the inside was soft, plus you can't go wrong with nutella.

Raw Peanut Butter Cup ($5.50)
I also got a raw peanut butter cup to take home, because it was my birthday and I was going to treat myself.

The food not only looked fabulous, but also tasted just as great. In addition to this, it's also the perfect location for dog spotting.

Ratings:
Food - 9/10
Service - 9/10
Price - 8.5/10

Kitty Burns
24 Acacia Place
Abbottsford, 3067

Kitty Burns Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Also check out Bistro Morgan at http://www.bistromorgan.com.au/ or @bistromorgan on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment